Not only are watermelons a beloved summer delight, but they are also packed with nutrients that improve circulation and cardiovascular health, provide antioxidants, vitamin c, and has major anti-inflammatory & hydration benefits. Juicing the melon allows our body to more easily absorb these nutrients. So try this recipe next time you feel like taking a mental escape to a tropical island! Best served refrigerated and with some savory tacos!
Servings: Recipe is for 1 serving.
- 1 cup Diced Watermelon (pick out seeds by hand if not seedless)
- 1 Deliciously Juicy lime
- Fresh Mint or Basil Leaves (garnish)
- Salt and Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Cut up a whole seedless watermelon into square chunks (small enough to pass through mouth of juicer).
- Insert watermelon chunks into juicer. Machine will separate juice from pulp.
- Sprinkle salt or cayenne pepper (or both!) on to a plate or bowl.
- Use a citrus juicer (or hand squeeze) lime into a separate bowl. Dip the rim of drinking glass into lime juice, then onto plate with salt/cayenne.
- Pour watermelon juice into glass. Add 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice per 8-oz glass.
- Garnish with mint or basil leaves, which can also be stirred into juice for added flavor.